*** Information for Erasmus Mundus Scholarships applicants 2023***
If you have submitted your application by the deadlines above mentioned, your candidature is automatically considered for the Erasmus Mundus Scholarships.
The evaluation process: All applicants will be notified starting from the second half of March 2023. Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for an online interview that most likely will be held in the last week of March 2023.
NEW. ALL APPLICANTS WILL BE INFORMED IN EARLY APRIL 2023 (do not send enquiry before this date)
- Degree. The EGEI Programme is open to students who have earned 180 ECTS credits in a University study programme (at the level of a bachelor degree or higher) in economics, applied economics or related disciplines*.
- If you expect to complete bachelor studies in the current academic year you can apply. Applicants that are enrolled in the final year of their academic programme should submit an official letter in English from their university confirming that the student is expected to finalise his/her course at the end of the current academic year, and submit up-to-date authenticated transcripts with the results of the previous years.
- English proficiency. The proficiency in English of the students is checked by submitting proof of a computer-based TOEFL level of minimum 90, or a IELTS grade of at least 6.5, or should submit proof of having studied at least a sufficient number of credits in an English-language programme. The proficiency in English of applicants can be checked also during the selection process by the Selection Committee by means of direct interviews or through the administration of tests.
* Students with a Bachelor degree in other areas – for instance Political Sciences, International Relations, Accountancy and Business – might be considered eligible only if they have gained a sufficient number of credits in economics (please contact the Programme Director in case you need additional information) .
Procedures and deadlines
You can apply for admission to the consortium via the EGEI online platform. Candidates applying by February 2023 (see dates above) will be considered for the Erasmus Mundus scholarship (or other available scholarships).
|Application package: required documents|
(get these documents ready before you start the 2-steps online application)
|– Copy of your ID / proof of residence; |
– Scanned copy of the university degree diploma(s)
– Official transcript of records with study results and legalised copy of the degree certificate(s)*
– Letter of motivation
– Up-to-date curriculum vitae in Europass format
– Proof of English proficiency (see above)
– Contact details for recommendation letter(s) (min 1 – max 3)
– (optional) Other documents proving skills and qualifications
* Verification of original documents. We require that all admitted applicants submit their original degree certificates for verification upon arrival in the first hosting Institution.
For all questions in relation to the scholarship procedure and other questions regarding tuition fee, accommodation, visa matters, etc. please contact the Programme Director prof. Nicola Daniele Coniglio (email: email@example.com)
After having submitted your application file in the EGEI online platform, your academic admissibility will be assessed. In case the outcome is positive, you will will receive a Letter of Admission (LoA) and you will have to complete your application by sending legalised copies of your Bachelor degree and Transcripts of Academic Records, as well as a valid language certificate to our offices. You will be informed via email throughout the application process on how to proceed.
|Erasmus Mundus Scholarships: award criteria|
|● Academic excellence of candidates: 0-60 scores|
● Professional experience and other qualifications (including language proficiency): 0-20 scores
● Motivation letter: 0-20 scores
Each criterion is evaluated numerically and the ranking list is made according to the total score. Whenever two or more applicants have the same total score, the one who has the higher score in academic excellence will be placed first. Due to aiming at gender balance, when two or more applicants have the same score, women are favoured over men.
The university will carry out the student selection for Erasmus Mundus scholarships holders and inform the applicants on their admission results in the first week of April by email. Admitted students can also request paper documents sent by mail if needed.
Non-admitted students will be notified about the selection results and the appeal procedures (incl. an appeal form) by email only. Non admitted students have the right to appeal the decision made by the EGEI consortium by sending a filled appeal form within 7 days after receiving notification of the selection results.
|You apply for an Erasmus Mundus scholarship||You need a visa||Deadline|
|Yes||Yes||15/february/2023 (partner countries)|
28/february/2023 (programme countries
|Yes||No||15/february/2023 (partner countries)|
28/february/2023 (programme countries
Students admitted on condition are required to submit the copies of their BSc degree certificate and transcript (and their official translations if not issued in English) by 6 August 2023.
Admitted students with an Erasmus Mundus scholarship should inform whether they accept their study place by latest on 3 May 2023. The deadline for other admitted students to submit the confirmation form is 16 July 2023. Students are expected to arrive at the host University during the first days of September. The official programme will start in early September 2023.