All EGEI students, both European and non-European, must hold valid insurance covering risks related to health, accidents, death, permanent invalidity, civil responsibility (including travel assistance) while they are outside their home country (local students do not need any additional health insurance while studying in their home country).

Personal medical cover is required in most European countries, even in those that have a public health system. An insurance card will also be required by local authorities in order to apply for a residence permit after your arrival.

For all the Erasmus Mundus (EMJMD) students.

A mandatory insurance coverage, covering risks related to health, accidents, death, permanent invalidity, civil responsibility, is provided to all students (whether they’re scholarship holders or not) by theEMJMD EGEI Consortium.

To all the other students.
In the months that precede your arrival we will send you information by email about the insurance coverage we recommend (estimated cost is around 1 euro per day – taxes included). You can decide to buy a different one by yourself or keep the one you may already have in your country. It is important to know that in any case your insurance coverage will have to comply with the minimum requirements established by EACEA.